Moraine Park is very proud to announce our 2018-19 Newman Civic Fellow, Queenie Weesen!
Queenie says, “Becoming a Nurse, I want to give elderly and hospice patients, quality care, kindness and compassion. I teach my children, education and helping your community is essential for success. As a child, I sometimes escaped to the roof of my grandma’s house, watching the airport planes flying overheard and told myself, ‘One day I will fly! In America you can fly!’”
The Jack Keating Student Civic Leadership Award recognizes students that have taken a leadership role in creating change in their community. Honorees expand their educational experience outside the bounds of their campus, while demonstrating measurable community impact. The purpose of this award is to honor students who work towards fulfilling the civic mission of their institution and Wisconsin Campus Compact.
Moraine Park is so pleased to announce that our own Jose Bustos is a 2018 Jack Keating Award winner!
Jose Bustos is pursuing a dual associate degree in Information Technology, in the fields of Network Specialist as well as Technical Support Specialist. He plans to graduate in May 2018. Jose also recently earned the Website Security certification through the U.S. DOL Interface Grant. He is also a single parent with an 11-year-old son, and a full-time, third shift job.
Did you ever say to yourself, “Wow what a small world it is!”? Did you ever wonder what the power of partnerships and collaboration could do? That was never more evident than with this very special thank you note and beautiful photos all the way from Kathmandu, Nepal to Fond du Lac, WI that arrived just after Christmas Break.
What’s your definition of “arise”? According to dictionary.com, it’s best known as: “to awaken; wake up; to move upward; ascend; to come into being, action, or notice; originate; appear; spring up”.
On September 28, 2017 twelve students successfully completed Moraine Park Technical College’s Medical Assistant second one year long training cohort at the West Bend Campus.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Labor Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training (TAACCCT) ACT 4 Healthcare Grant program, the Medical Assistant program at the West Bend Campus is condensing the 35 credit technical diploma program into a one-year cohort model including a set M,W, F schedule with a Friday lab time and intrusive advising for targeted student support.
MPACTE is an organization designed to bring together educational support professionals, faculty and administration. It is the local chapter of WACTE (WI Association of Career and Technical Educators), which unites individuals involved in career and technical education, provides professional development, encourages leadership in the professional arena and promotes innovative change to enhance lifelong learning.
Now more than ever ALL of us need each other’s help and support.
October is Fair Trade month and to help raise awareness MPTC and 3 other area colleges have teamed up to present a month of film screenings.
- UW-Oshkosh kick starts the month on Oct. 2 with the “Dark Side of Chocolate” from 6 to 9 pm in the Sage 1214.
- UW-FDL will show “Unravel” on Oct. 3 at 12:30 pm followed by a Wellness Tea Tasting in room UC-114.
- Marian University will show “Connected by Coffee” on Oct. 5 from 7 to 9:30 pm in the Stayer Center Auditorium.
- UW-Oshkosh presents “True Cost” on Oct. 10 from 6 to 9 pm in the Sage 1214
- Marian will show “True Cost” film on Oct. 16 from 7 to 9:30 pm in the Stayer Center.
- UW-FDL will screen “Connected by Coffee” on Oct. 19 at 12:30 pm in UC-114
- UW-Oshkosh will show “Connected by Coffee” on Oct. 24 from 6 to 9 pm in the Sage 4232
- UW Oshkosh will show “Immokalee, USA” on Oct. 19 from 2:30 to 4:30 pm in Sage 4232.
- MPTC will wrap up the film festival on Oct. 25 with four short films hosted by Brenda Schaefer’s sociology students beginning at Noon until 2 pm in A109.
Did you know Moraine Park is a Fair Trade College? Actually we are the first Fair Trade technical college in the U.S. Go MPTC! In May, 2017 we celebrated 2 years as a fair trade college!
October is Fair Trade month! On October 9 from 11:30-12:30 p.m. in all three MPTC cafeterias, stop at the Fair Trade display table to learn more and have a delicious sample of Fair Trade chocolate and sign up to win a Fair Trade raffle prize!
- Congrats to Moraine Park's Nursing Program!
- Great Professors Make a Great College Experience at MPTC
- Moraine Park Technical College: The Right Education Choice For Me!
- Moraine Park offering chance to “Test Drive” careers
- MPTC exceeds expectations
- Thinking Globally, Acting Locally
- Moraine Park Student Government Leadership 2019-20
- Congrats Spring 2019 Boot Camp Grads! on
- Catching Up With Arletta on
- Electricity & CNC Students Earn Spot at SkillsUSA Nationals on
- Congratulations Fall 2018 Award Winners! on
- “I have quite the life journey that I believe can help young mothers and women” on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Have you been thinking about starting at MPTC? You still have time to apply for Spring 2020! If you have any questi… https://t.co/UrtfHrDOJcyesterday
- Turn your love for cars into a career with our Automotive Technology Degree from MPTC Get more information by vi… https://t.co/u5aVvO5BvJ4 days ago
- Are you a licensed EMT looking to advance your skills? We are offering an Advanced EMT course at our Fond du Lac ca… https://t.co/pB61p49c626 days ago