What kind of Community Education courses does Moraine Park Technical College offer?
Our campuses offer over 800 courses per year at various locations throughout the district. We have offerings in estate planning, health and wellness, small business, culinary, crafts and recreations, computers. Basically we offer a variety of courses in many different areas; these courses are available to help you grow your expertise or to take just for the fun of it!
Wisconsin continues to add private sector jobs, especially in sectors like manufacturing. Over the past year, Wisconsin added 38,500 private sector jobs and 21,300 manufacturing jobs. Therefore, ff you’ve just hired 10 new employees, chances are that three of them will quit within the next 90 days, according to a new survey from Jobvite, recruiting software providers (Fastcompany.com).
According to the National Sleep Foundation, it is estimated that more than 18 million adults in America have sleep apnea. It’s also estimated that between 10-20% of habitually snoring children experience obstructive sleep apnea. These are astounding statistics in a society full of sleep deprived individuals. These individuals seek help at Sleep Centers throughout the country. Did you know we have about 10 sleep centers within an hour of Fond du Lac?
For those seeking a new career in healthcare, becoming a Sleep Technician might be a good option for you. Do you enjoy working nights? If you really don’t mind working 3rd shift, like to work with people and computers, this career could be for you! Most Sleep Technicians work overnight conducting sleep studies, reviewing the results and creating summary reports to guide the patients care.
The A-STEP Introduction to Sleep program at MPTC was developed by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. In collaboration with St. Agnes Hospital, the program is offered locally in Fond du Lac for those interested in pursuing a career as a Sleep Technician. This 80-hour accredited course is a great introduction to Sleep Medicine and allows students a faster pathway to a great career. While there are additional requirements after the 80-hour training, they are generally completed while the Sleep Tech is working in the field as either an Intern or entry level Sleep Technician.
To learn more about A-STEP, email email@example.com or call 1-920-924-6408.
On Thursday, June 14, 2018, nine Six Sigma Green Belt candidates representing 4 local manufacturing companies presented their final projects and received their certifications. The graduation ceremony took place on the Moraine Park Technical College Fond du Lac Campus with business representatives, sponsors and project champions present.
Participants completed 88 hours of training over 6 months, and additional time working on their independent project work collecting and analyzing data to improve products, processes and reduce waste. The return on investment from these projects resulted in over $536,000 – an average of $60,000 per company, with opportunity to continue saving as the projects are fully implemented and scaled.
Six Sigma Green Belt certification programs are suited for individuals who are expected to work with process improvement initiatives. Though the use of the DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) process, participants will apply the skills and tools learned to their workplace project. To learn more about Six Sigma Green Belt, click here.
Reading and hearing about new career opportunities is helpful. But what if you actually could try them out as well? Moraine Park Technical College is offering a unique opportunity to do just that with its “Test Drive” workshops for welding and computerized numerical control (CNC).
- Congrats to Moraine Park's Nursing Program!
- Great Professors Make a Great College Experience at MPTC
- Moraine Park offering chance to “Test Drive” careers
- Moraine Park Technical College: The Right Education Choice For Me!
- MPTC exceeds expectations
- Thinking Globally, Acting Locally
- Crime scenes: Hollywood vs. Reality
- Congrats Spring 2019 Boot Camp Grads! on
- Catching Up With Arletta on
- Electricity & CNC Students Earn Spot at SkillsUSA Nationals on
- Congratulations Fall 2018 Award Winners! on
- “I have quite the life journey that I believe can help young mothers and women” on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Have you been thinking about starting at MPTC? You still have time to apply for Spring 2020! If you have any questi… https://t.co/UrtfHrDOJcyesterday
- Turn your love for cars into a career with our Automotive Technology Degree from MPTC Get more information by vi… https://t.co/u5aVvO5BvJ4 days ago
- Are you a licensed EMT looking to advance your skills? We are offering an Advanced EMT course at our Fond du Lac ca… https://t.co/pB61p49c626 days ago