It was John F. Kennedy that once said “Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all,” and we’d argue those words remain as true today as when they were uttered more than a half-century ago.
But what has changed significantly, though, are computers themselves, so we thought it would be fun to look back at the changing technology our College’s staff and students have used over the years.
How’s that old saying go? “The more things change, the more they stay the same?”
Well, there’s probably some truth to that. Certainly the business equipment people use every day has evolved over time. But the fact remains that any equipment, regardless of what era it’s used in, needs a helping hand for maintenance, support and repair.
At Moraine Park, we’ve been helping train and educate those helping hands for decades.
Six more weeks of winter?! Release the groans!
Or … not.
As Anton Chekhov, a Russian author in the 1800s, once penned: “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.”
In that spirit, here’s a look at some of our students back in 1972 embracing the timeless joys of winter.
Metal Fabrication is all about changes. It’s a transformative act. Taking machines and structures and using them to cut, assemble or bend metal for different purposes.
But what changes in metal fabrication itself have happened over the years?
Let’s rewind first: At this 1968 showcase event, hair coloring, hair styling, wig styling and new trends in hair care were demonstrated at Moraine Park by Eugene Kloiber, along with four models (seated, left to right – Jeannie Tebo, Valora Buehler, Cherry Schultz and Jolene Murphy).
Now fast-forward again 48 years to today. Here’s a glimpse at our 2016 students practicing hair coloring in our modern classrooms. Oh, the changes!
Before “wallpaper” mostly meant digital backgrounds for your phones and computer screens, there was a time when wallpaper was (imagine this!) actual paper …. put on actual walls.
Whoa! We’ll let that sink in for awhile.
- Countryside Auto Donates to Moraine Park Promise Program
- Get your Commercial Driver’s License Learner’s Permit Now!
- First Steps to Starting Your Own Business
- 10 interesting – and frustrating – facts about women in the workforce
- Learn online! What you need to know…
- Congrats Spring 2019 Boot Camp Grads!
- Honoring Mike Staral
- Congrats Spring 2019 Dean’s List Students! on
- Congrats Spring 2019 Boot Camp Grads! on
- Catching Up With Arletta on
- Electricity & CNC Students Earn Spot at SkillsUSA Nationals on
- Congratulations Fall 2018 Award Winners! on
- “I have quite the life journey that I believe can help young mothers and women” on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Hey students, save money on your textbooks with the Fall 2019 Textbook Scholarship! Applications are now being acce… https://t.co/N3g1oG3v5m4 days ago
- Whoa, our students are incredible ❤️ Natasha and Andres helped provide life-saving care to an unresponsive individu… https://t.co/0Z6GFRrEk36 days ago
- Become a Gas Utility Instructor at MPTC!If giving back to your industry by sharing your knowledge and expertise… https://t.co/cY6h0wAjQj15 days ago