On May 10th, the Moraine Park’s Process Engineering Technology and Mechanical Design programs hosted the Distance Challenge. The Distance Challenge is a competition where high school students build a device of 30 lbs or less to hurl or throw a rubber ball. Four schools entered teams this year, Mayville High School, North Fond du Lac High School, Elkhart Lake – Glenbeulah High School, and GPS Education Partners, a charter school in Jackson. There were six total entrants, four in the “Slingshot” division, and two in the “Other” division, both being Catapults.
Hi, I’m Mark Schmidt, water quality instructor here at Moraine Park Technical College. Today marks the first day of a blog regarding water quality.
I have been asked by many people about the safety of consuming water, whether bottled or municipally supplied. Some questions have also come from people that have private wells. The questions certainly make me think as there seems to be some pretty interesting misinformation available.
The nursing “pinning” ceremony, a time-honored tradition that marks the official initiation into the profession, was held Friday night May 20th across all three Moraine Park campuses.
Skills Gap in Manufacturing
Manufacturing companies have realized there is a significant gap between the talent they need to continue to grow their business, and the talent they can actually find. Here in Fond du Lac, Mercury Marine has run into this problem, and is working with Moraine Park Technical College to address these issues. The company has lost a lot of “tribal knowledge” due to retirements and they realized the need to improve the skills of their current employees.
So you want to engage on Twitter?
Before we get you set up with an account, let’s make sure you are hip and happening with the latest and greatest Twitter trends.
First off, it isn’t called “The Twitter” – keep it simple. Just Twitter will do. You wouldn’t call me “The Carol” would you? Although, it does have a nice ring to it.
Employee Engagement and Talent Management
We are excited to share the Employee Engagement and Talent Management Plan with you! At risk of sounding like an Oscar Winner… we would like to thank all of the people who helped provide ideas, feedback, creativity and support along the way. This truly was a College-wide effort.
One of the focal points of Innovation 2020 is to build a supportive culture to make us an employer of choice. Two key objectives for the College are to enhance an environment that fosters greater collaboration, employee satisfaction and engagement, and to develop effective strategies, opportunities and resources to engage employees. We believe that this plan will help us meet both of those objectives, and more!
Have you ever looked at your closet and realized you need an update? Your clothes aren’t reflecting what you want to represent about yourself anymore. Well, we’re doing the college marketing version of that. We’ve looked at ourselves and realized that the value we have to our stakeholders doesn’t match the image we’re projecting—so we are changing our look.
On May 10, 2015, the Department of Education changed the way you log in to Federal Student Aid websites. Students, parents, and borrowers are now required to use an FSA ID, instead of a Federal Student Aid PIN, to log in. If you haven’t logged in to a Federal Student Aid website (such as fafsa.gov or StudentLoans.gov) since May 10, 2015 you will need to create an FSA ID before you can log on in the future.
Several students in the Electricity Club and CNC/Tool & Die Club competed at the state level during this year’s Skills USA competition held in Madison, WI. Students who participate in these competitions are dedicated and work hard to excel in their respective fields.
- My future has endless possibilities ... because I'm here right now
- Motorcycle, scooter safety classes available
- President's Award Winner!
- PHOTOS: Fall 2016 Boot Camp Graduation
- PHOTOS: Christmas in a Shoebox 2016
- PHOTOS: 2017 GED / HSED Graduation Ceremony
- Students recreate 11 famous movie hairstyles. How many can you guess?
- Congrats Spring 2019 Boot Camp Grads! on
- Catching Up With Arletta on
- Electricity & CNC Students Earn Spot at SkillsUSA Nationals on
- Congratulations Fall 2018 Award Winners! on
- “I have quite the life journey that I believe can help young mothers and women” on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- RT @jau1024: MPTC staff are honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy by sharing the joy of reading w/area elementary schools. #mptcenga…2 days ago
- RT @fdlschools: Thank you to the staff from @MoraineParkTech and members of Kiwanis of Fabulous Fond du Lac whose service project in honor…3 days ago
- Today, we honor and celebrate a true American hero. A man who's legacy and lessons we so desperately need to be rem… https://t.co/iSQIa29clS6 days ago