The TEDx event was an incredible opportunity for people who have a passion for making a difference to come together and connect. We heard from speakers who graciously shared their amazing life-changing experiences, trials, and triumphs.
Congratulations to Moraine Park’s Wisconsin Women’s Higher Education Leadership committee on being named as the 2018 Wisconsin Women’s Higher Education Leadership (WWHEL) Chapter of the Year!
(Kelly Shafaie AD-Nursing, Heddy Pahnke Admin Assistant-Nursing, Melissa Rodriguez, Grace Rommelfanger, Kristen Finnel Dean-Health, Mary Scheuermann, Cathy Bosch, Patrick McCain, Casey Truse, Karrie Bruegman-May, April Herrera, Kerry DeGroot)
Moraine Park’s Nursing program will be implementing a new computerized testing program titled ExamSoft this Fall 2018 semester. All Nursing theory and skills courses will be utilizing this software for all tests/exams throughout the program.
Moraine Park Technical College’s West Bend campus will host a Heavy Metal Tours event during October’s manufacturing month. This free event offers participants a behind-the-scenes opportunity to tour local manufacturing facilities and learn more about the skilled trades needed to fill current employment gaps.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, it is estimated that more than 18 million adults in America have sleep apnea. It’s also estimated that between 10-20% of habitually snoring children experience obstructive sleep apnea. These are astounding statistics in a society full of sleep deprived individuals. These individuals seek help at Sleep Centers throughout the country. Did you know we have about 10 sleep centers within an hour of Fond du Lac?
For those seeking a new career in healthcare, becoming a Sleep Technician might be a good option for you. Do you enjoy working nights? If you really don’t mind working 3rd shift, like to work with people and computers, this career could be for you! Most Sleep Technicians work overnight conducting sleep studies, reviewing the results and creating summary reports to guide the patients care.
The A-STEP Introduction to Sleep program at MPTC was developed by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. In collaboration with St. Agnes Hospital, the program is offered locally in Fond du Lac for those interested in pursuing a career as a Sleep Technician. This 80-hour accredited course is a great introduction to Sleep Medicine and allows students a faster pathway to a great career. While there are additional requirements after the 80-hour training, they are generally completed while the Sleep Tech is working in the field as either an Intern or entry level Sleep Technician.
To learn more about A-STEP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-920-924-6408.
Recently, Moraine Park Technical College was named as part of NASA’s Wisconsin Scholarship Grant Consortium (WSGC), becoming one of only two technical colleges in the state to be a part of this elite group.
- Congrats Spring 2019 Dean’s List Students! on
- Congrats Spring 2019 Boot Camp Grads! on
- Catching Up With Arletta on
- Electricity & CNC Students Earn Spot at SkillsUSA Nationals on
- Congratulations Fall 2018 Award Winners! on
- “I have quite the life journey that I believe can help young mothers and women” on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Hey students, save money on your textbooks with the Fall 2019 Textbook Scholarship! Applications are now being acce… https://t.co/N3g1oG3v5m5 days ago
- Whoa, our students are incredible ❤️ Natasha and Andres helped provide life-saving care to an unresponsive individu… https://t.co/0Z6GFRrEk37 days ago
- Become a Gas Utility Instructor at MPTC!If giving back to your industry by sharing your knowledge and expertise… https://t.co/cY6h0wAjQj16 days ago