Each time you use a pencil, turn on your computer or text-message someone, you’re interacting with a manufactured good. Manufacturing delivers not only the goods we use daily, but also high-skill, high-wage career opportunities.
As part of May is Manufacturing Month, Moraine Park Technical College and local manufacturers are offering the opportunity to tour facilities and learn about manufacturing careers. Tours include:
· Monday, May 14 – Brenner Tank LLC, Fond du Lac: Varied welding techniques and automation demonstrated on diverse metals.
· Thursday, May 17 – F. Ziegler Enterprises Ltd., Fond du Lac: State-of-the-art machining technology.
· Thursday, May 17 – Creative Forming, Ripon: Innovative thermo-formed packaging solutions.
· Monday, May 21 – Signicast Corp., Hartford: State-of-the-art continuous flow manufacturing in the production of investment cast parts.
· Wednesday, May 23 – Apache Stainless Steel Equipment Corp., Beaver Dam: Varied welding techniques on stainless and high-alloy materials.
· Wednesday, May 30 – Serigraph Inc., West Bend: Screen and offset printing, forming, stamping,
die-cutting, embossing, heat transfers and in-mold decorating.
Each tour takes place at 5:30 p.m. Participants can register for as many tours as they like; individual registration for each tour is required. Register at www.morainepark.edu/maytours. An e-mail will be sent confirming registration and giving instructions. For more information, call 920-924-3449 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.