In celebration of Fair Trade Month, the MPTC Fair Trade College Team and Just Fare Market held a delicious lunch time event on Tuesday, October 25 at the Fond du Lac Campus (see our photos below!). Participants enjoyed Fair Trade chocolate chip cookies made by our very own Instructor Tom Endejan and culinary students. Just Fare Market provided Fair Trade chocolate samples, as well as a beautiful variety of Fair Trade items for shopping! Participants also entered a drawing to win Fair Trade chocolate prizes, with the grand prize including a copy of the new book “Bitter Side of Sweet”.
As a Fair Trade College, we want to help educate students and staff about being conscious consumers. Did you know Chocolate can be Scary?! Did you know the MPTC Library now has Fair Trade resources? did you know the MPTC bookstores have Fair Trade chocolate and greeting cards? Did you know the MPTC cafeterias have Fair Trade coffee and tea?
Check out this video to learn more about Fair Trade chocolate!
Congratulations to Lilly Bavers, MPTC student and winner of the Fair Trade Month event grand prize basket!
Please feel free to reach out, ask questions and join our MPTC Fair Trade Team:
- Paula Stettbacher email@example.com
- Brenda Schaefer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam Saeger email@example.com
- Katie Gindt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hans Baierl email@example.com
- Bart Putzer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joan Seichter email@example.com
- Anders Bjork firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Desiderio email@example.com
- Anne Lemke firstname.lastname@example.org