Here’s what’s happening on your campus November 5 – 10.
Casino ‘n Lunch– Monday, November 5
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Play Blackjack, Roulette, and Poker to win prizes! FREE lunch for student and staff participants. Come and go as your schedule allows. No experience necessary; all games are fun and easy to learn. No pre-registration required.
Sponsored by the Beaver Dam Student Senate
Volleyball ‘n Dinner– Tuesday, November 6
5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Serve, spike, set, block – it’s time for a volleyball game! Join us for a game followed by free dinner afterwards (optional) and door prizes. No experience necessary. Players must pre-register by Thursday, November 1, contact Lisa (K-323), firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-887-4462.
Sponsored by the Beaver Dam Student Senate.
Community Service- Donut Club
The Donut Club is collecting donations for the Caring Closet now through Monday, November 12.
The Caring Closet of Dodge County provides foster children/teens clothing and other necessities when they are placed in a new home. Many children/teens are brought into foster care with only the clothes they are wearing.
The Donut Club is collecting donations for teenagers because The Caring Closet is in desperate need of clothing for boy and girl foster teenagers (all teen and adult sizes needed); specific items needed:
- Shirts and T-Shirts
- Other Clothing Items
- Winter Weather Items
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Other Personal Care Items
Donation barrels are located on the Beaver Dam Campus.
“Donut it Feel Good To Help Others!?”
FOND DU LAC
Build Your Own Dream Catcher – Tuesday, November 6
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Come down to the commons area to celebrate Native American Heritage Month and make your own dream catcher!
- Dream catchers are one of the most fascinating traditions of Native Americans. The traditional dream catcher was intended to protect the sleeping individual from negative dreams, while letting positive dreams through. The positive dreams would slip through the hole in the center of the dream catcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below. The negative dreams would get caught up in the web, and expire when the first rays of the sun struck them.
Be The Match Bone Marrow Drive– Wednesday, November 7
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Join the bone marrow registry!
Take your first step to being someone’s cure by joining our bone marrow registry today. You have the power to help save lives. Patients in need of a transplant and their families and friends have recruited many thousands of donors to the Be The Match Registry.
How it works:
- A swab is taken from the inside of your cheek to join the registry
- Doctors use this registry to search for patient matches
- If you are a match to someone, you would be contacted to determine if you would like to donate
One in 430 people go on to donate bone marrow.
BINGO!– Wednesday, November 7
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Commons Area
Join your friends and classmates for an exciting game of B-I-N-G-O! Free for students with Moraine Park Student ID. Come and have the chance to win fabulous prizes and hang out with your friends and classmates!
Sponsored by Fond du Lac Student Senate.
BrightStar Care On Campus Recruitment– Tuesday, November 6
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Commons Area
- Contact Michele Sabel, email@example.com, for more information.
Monday- 8am to 6pm
Tuesday-8am to 4pm
Wednesday-8am to 4pm
Thursday-8am to 4pm
Friday-8am to 4pm
Food Service Hours
Monday through Thursday: 7:30am to 2:00pm
Friday: 7:30am to 1:30pm