Moraine Park students – Do you sing or play a musical instrument? Did you know you have the opportunity to join local music groups? These groups may not be quite as groovy as seen in this fun photo from our College back in 1969, but they’re some pretty cool groups nonetheless. Ripon College and Marian University will be hosting open auditions for nine different groups on September 1 from 1-3 p.m. All auditions will be held at the Marian University Agnes Center, 505 E. Division St. (almost across the street from the hospital).
There are six Marian University groups for which students can audition, with the weekly rehearsal times listed below:
- Collegiate Wind Ensemble: (concert band) which meets at UW-Fond du Lac, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:05-4:20 pm
The following meet at the Agnes Center, Marian University:
- Marian Chamber Singers (mixed chorus) which meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 1:00-1:50 pm
- Marian Women’s Chorale (women) which meets Tuesdays, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Marian Jazz Band which meets on Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:00-4:15 pm
- Chamber Music: Marian Steel Drum Band (schedule to be determined by participants)
- Chamber Music: Marian Percussion Ensemble (schedule to be determined by participants)
There are three Ripon College groups for which students can audition, with the weekly rehearsal times listed below:
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble which meets Mondays 4:15–5:15 pm and Wednesdays 6:15–8:15 pm
- Orchestra which meets Thursday 7:00–9:00 pm
- Choral Union which meets Thursdays 7:00–9:00 pm
Students can contact David Hein at email@example.com to schedule an audition time for Marian ensembles. Students interested in Ripon College ensembles can sign up for an audition time online. Students looking for general information can contact Julie Waldvogel-Leitner at firstname.lastname@example.org.