Did you know that 70% of patients in need of a life-saving stem cell transplant are unable to find a perfect donor match within their family?
Be The Match helps to find donors for these patients that are in need, and between November 5 and November 9, Moraine Park can help with their mission!
It’s easier than ever to save a life!
- Simply log on and complete the short health screening questionnaire to join.
- Your free cheek swab kit will arrive the mail within 3 to 7 business days.
- Once you’ve used the swab kit, mail it back or bring it to Sam Saeger in student life by November 15, and you will be entered for a prize drawing!
- If you choose to mail your kit, bring the confirmation of your commitment to Sam to be entered for the drawing.
- Be The Match will make contact if you they think you are a potential match.
80% of all stem cell collections involve a process similar to donating plasma and platelets. Once you’ve donated, your marrow will be saving a life within 72 hours!
Join online from November 5 to November 9 at join.bethematch.org/MPTCheroes.
If you would like to learn more, a Be The Match representative will be on campus outside of the cafeteria on Wednesday, November 7 from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., or you can visit bethematch.org.
For more information on Moraine Park, visit morainepark.edu.