Suicide Prevention Awareness
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month.
MPTC wants to help raise awareness, spread hope and share resources.
Did you know?
- On average, 1 person in the U.S. dies by suicide every 11 minutes.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people aged 10–14 and the 3rd leading cause of death among people aged 15-24 in the U.S.
- Suicide is the 12th leading cause of death overall in the U.S.
- 79% of all people who die by suicide are male.
- In Wisconsin, 888 lives were lost to suicide last year.
If you or someone you know is struggling, help is available!
Call or Text 988 to reach the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.
If there is an Emergency, CALL 911.
MPTC Counseling Services are free and confidential and available to assist you. LEARN MORE HERE
MPTC Emergency CALL 5555 from any Campus Phone
OR using your cell phone:
BD Campus 920-887-4401
FDL Campus 920-924-3107
WB Campus 262-306-5334