Second semester nursing students in Beaver Dam are working hard to learn how to assess and care for a laboring mother. At the whiteboard they are outlining details of each stage of labor. On the torso model the student is practicing fundal massage which prevents severe bleeding after birth. There is also a model of a placenta sitting next to the torso so the student can visualize the actual size of the wound left in the uterus after birth and truly understand the risk of bleeding to the woman if the uterus does not contract down. Practicing information, doing hands-on skills and connecting rationales with nursing actions helps nursing students solidify their knowledge and develop competency.
Comments are closed.
Achievement Administration Alumni Auto & Transportation Business Career Center Clubs & Organizations College Communications Community Engagement Cosmetology Criminal Justice Culinary & Foods Diversity ELL EWD Faculty and Staff Fair Trade Financial Aid Foundation General Education Graphics and Design Health Careers & Wellness Hired Before Graduation Human Services International Education IT & Web Manufacturing Marketing Natural Resources New Student Welcome NTO Phi Theta Kappa Service Learning Student Life Student Services & Support Throwbacks Trades Uncategorized Veterans Video
- Service to Save Lives
- Easy Recipe Ideas from Haley
- Moraine Park Students Donate to Operation Christmas Child
- 10 things you should know about healthcare careers
- Introducing … Moraine Park Technical College Teaching Fellows
- SolidWorks certification becomes a difference-maker
- Six Great Reasons to be a Peer Tutor (#4 is amazing!)
- Have you been thinking about becoming a student here at MPTC? Perfect timing! Open registration for Spring 2021 is… https://t.co/zkvp6uIz0U15 hours ago
- Look at this delicious french toast, prepared by our Moraine Park Culinary students! This is a perfect meal on Na… https://t.co/bKhdi3Dx9q3 days ago
- Happy Thanksgiving from MPTC! - #moraineparktech #fonddulac #beaverdam #westbend #Thanksgiving #twoyearcollege… https://t.co/yFSRGyIs7I4 days ago