10 things you should know about healthcare careers
I am sure you have all heard about the increased demand for healthcare workers in our community, so there is no better time to look at Moraine Park and consider a potential career path in healthcare.
Here’s 10 interesting facts about healthcare careers and our training here at Moraine Park:
- To quote a new study from Georgetown University, The United States will need 5.6 million more healthcare workers by 2020, as the demand for healthcare services is expected to grow twice as fast as the national economy in the next eight years. Also, 11 of the top 20 fastest growing occupations Nationwide are in healthcare.
- Healthcare practitioners and technical occupations will experience a 21.5% increase by 2022. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Healthcare support occupations 28.1% increase by 2022 (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Employers reach out directly to the College when they have positions that need to be filled. They typically cite that Moraine Park students are well prepared, job ready, and have the soft skills needed to work well with patients and co-workers.
- Due to the hard work and excellent instructors, we have a nearly 100% employment rate and nearly 100% professional licensure exam pass rate for out health career graduates – both of which far exceed state and national averages.
- Graduates can earn $25,000 to $65,000 per year on average in the variety of health programs offered at Moraine Park.
- Most graduates work for healthcare employers who offer tuition assistance and will pay them to continue in school to earn advanced degree(s)
- Associate degrees in healthcare allow you to get a great job and make sure you enjoy the field before investing in a four year degree.
- Moraine Park has developed strong relationships with numerous colleges and universities to offer numerous transfer agreements for those interested in pursuing a BS degree.
- We often hear our graduates talk about leaving college with zero debt.