Emergency funds in the form of a Federal Grant have been provided to MPTC to help students impacted by COVID-19. Specifically, this funding is intended to aid students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus. It should provide direct emergency cash grants to students adversely impacted by the ongoing pandemic with unforeseen educational expenses, including:
- books, e-books or audiobooks
- course-related materials, and
- technology (Keeping in mind that what works today may not work tomorrow, such as a checked-out laptop; borrowed equipment; laptops on the fritz. Cables, the continuing cost of high-speed internet, camera, headset, microphone, mouse, etc. are also additional expenses.)
THIS FUNDING CANNOT BE USED FOR TUITION EXPENSES.
- Applicants must be students currently enrolled at MPTC during the spring, 2020 semester.
- Applicants must be enrolled at Moraine Park in associates or technical degrees. Students who are in a certificate, boot camps, or basic education courses, Economic and Workforce Development, Department of Corrections, dual credit (high school), avocational or non-credit courses do not qualify.
- If you are in an online program and completing all of your program courses online at the start of the spring semester 2020, you are not eligible to apply for funding.
- Applicants need to be financial aid eligible; you do not need to be recipients to receive this funding. This means you should complete a FAFSA to demonstrate your eligibility. Go to studentaid.gov if you have not completed a FAFSA for 2019-20.
- Applicants must complete the application (see link below) including a statement related to how the COVID-19 has been impactful and how this funding will be used to alleviate any financial issues.
- Please apply for your current needs. You may reapply as other needs come about.
Moraine Park wants to make sure that all students who are eligible and need money, receive this support as quickly as possible. You are an important member of our community and this money is to support you!
For complete details and the online application process, go to the website: morainepark.edu/caresfund.
*If your emergency is not related to the COVID-19, please go to MPTC’s Student Emergency Fund application to apply for assistance.
Please contact the Student Financial Services Office with questions about the e-Refund of your credit balance at (920) 924-3124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for Community Resources for students during COVID-19.