Believe it or not, we are about 3 months away from the end of our semester and our annual commencement ceremony.
As expected, the College has had to implement changes and make hard decisions to allow for an in-person event to be executed safely.
As previously announced, we are planning for a limited-access in-person 2021 Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 22, at 10 a.m. While we are thrilled to make plans for an in-person celebration, the event will undoubtedly look different.
Important details to note:
- Commencement will be held at the Radisson Conference Center, 625 W. Rolling Meadows Dr., Fond du Lac.
- To abide by local and state guidelines and to maintain appropriate distancing, guests will not be permitted into the conference center— only graduates and Moraine Park staff executing the ceremony will be permitted into the event space.
- Family and friends will be able to view the ceremony live. An invite with the event link will be coming soon.
- Graduate candidates must RSVP to the event. Students who are applying to earn a Technical Diploma or Associate Degree must apply for graduation by March 15 to participate in the ceremony.
- When applying for graduation, participation in the ceremony must be indicated on the form.
- College officials will monitor the participation numbers and adjust the ceremony as needed to follow appropriate safety guidelines.
- If you already applied, and would like to change your RSVP response, email email@example.com by March 15.
- Face coverings and temperature checks are required to enter the facility.
- More details can be found online at MystudentMPTC.
Please know the final details will ultimately depend on the status of COVID-19 and the recommendations from our local and state public health departments as commencement day nears. We will plan to connect with graduation applicants by early April with additional details and decisions.
In the meantime, reach out to Heather Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the 2021 commencement ceremony.