DID YOU KNOW: Less than 5 percent of the world’s cocoa is Fair Trade?
• An estimated two million children work on cocoa farms
• Farmers suffer from unstable global market prices for cocoa
• Average annual revenue for a cocoa farmer is between $30 and $100
Fair Trade Cocoa
• Fair Trade standards prohibit forced and child labor
• A minimum price provides greater economic stability
• Farmers earn additional income from the Fair Trade community development premium
October is Fair Trade Month.
*Please help raise awareness by buying, eating and sharing only Fair Trade certified chocolate. *Stop in at any of our 3 MPTC campus libraries this October to sample some delicious Fair Trade chocolate and find out more!
Find out more about MPTC Fair Trade College.