The public will have an opportunity on Thursday, March 29 to learn about the Vietnam War from those who served. Moraine Park Technical College and Marian University will host two educational presentations put on by the Vietnam Veterans Association, Chapter 351 of Appleton.
The presentations are free and consist of a panel discussion with several Vietnam veterans who will focus on the history, politics, and legacies that were part of the Vietnam experience, as well as their personal recollections. The event will also include an interactive 80-foot traveling display of artifacts, equipment, and memorabilia.
Moraine Park Technical College is committed to and proud of our veteran and military students. For eight straight years, Moraine Park has made Victory Media’s list of Military Friendly Schools for its commitment in serving veterans as students—with benefits for student veterans such as on-campus veterans programs, credit for service, and military spouse programs.
To continue our close work with military students and their families, Moraine Park is excited to partner with the Community College of these Air Force (CCAF) to offer the General Education Mobile (GEM) Program. Participating in the General Education Mobile (GEM) enables CCAF students to fulfill their general education requirements towards an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science.
This opportunity allows Airmen to take advantage of Moraine Park’s excellent online coursework with several general education options. The following are options for this specific program:
For the eighth-consecutive year, Moraine Park Technical College is pleased to have made Victory Media’s list of Military Friendly Schools for its commitment in serving veterans as students.
Institutions earning the 2018 Military Friendly School designation were evaluated using both public data sources and responses from Victory Media’s proprietary survey.
More than 1,700 schools participated.
Thanks to generous donations from students, staff and community members, Moraine Park Technical College’s “Christmas in a Shoebox” donation drive exceeded its 2017 goal and set a new record. The drive’s purpose was to collect, package and ship donated items to area military members this holiday season.
Moraine Park is committed to and proud of our veteran and military students. The college offers a number of programs approved for VA benefits and courses with a variety of flexible scheduling that is attractive to student veterans and military students alike. Moraine Park thanks you for your service and for allowing us to help you further your education.
To learn more go to morainepark.edu/veterans
Think life has handed you setbacks too large to overcome? Try telling that to DeWayne Sexton. Losing a mother as a child. Being separated from his siblings growing up. Reuniting only to have his brothers be killed shortly after. Joining the military and losing many close friends in battle. Losing his last remaining brother to a drunk driver. Being diagnosed with cancer. Feeling too old and too lost and too worthless. DeWayne has seemingly been through it all – and has somehow weathered all these struggles to do remarkable things.
One of those remarkable things is being named our 2017 Student of the Year. We couldn’t be more thrilled to give him this honor. To say that DeWayne is deserving is a tremendous understatement. Here’s DeWayne’s story of struggle and finding purpose throughout these setbacks, in his own words:
Moraine Park Technical College has been placing special emphasis on students who have served or are currently serving our country, proclaiming its 2016-17 academic year our “Year of the Student Veteran.”
During this special year, with our student awards banquet upcoming, we’ve added a special award to our traditional lineup of offerings: a “Student Veteran of the Year” award.
Taking home this prestigious honor this year is a deserving individual named Carla Stephany, an engineering student at Moraine Park who served in the United States Air Force. She’s an ambitious, hard-working and inspiring woman, and we’re very excited to present her with this award.
In her own words, this is Carla’s background, what brought her to Moraine Park, and what her plans for the future are:
As Moraine Park Technical College’s “Year of the Student Veteran” winds down, a special event took place last week to honor our students who have served or are currently serving our country.
- Congratulations Boot Camp Graduates!
- Tackling Your Gen Ed Classes This Summer
- Summertime Grilling- Straight from Moraine Park’s Kitchen!
- Summer Beauty Tip- Straight From The Experts!
- Combining Experience and New Technology for the Perfect Mix
- Motorcycle, scooter safety classes available
- Sweet Summertime! Students complete MPTC nursing assistant boot camp
- Shear Passion on
- Moraine Park Grad Thankful for Time Back on Campus on
- Jose Bustos: Civic Leader Award Winner! on
- Meet our 2018-19 Newman Civic Fellow! on
- MPACTE Annual Awards Celebration on
- Many Worlds in One Room: English Language students share a piece of home on
- Moraine Park students help with “Humans of Oshkosh” book on
- Our #CulinaryArts instructors are leaking a few of their favorite summertime recipes! Checkout how to make gri… https://t.co/STLRWrsJLw22 hours ago
- #MoraineParkTech students are the greatest! Here's another reason why, students in our Meeting and Event Planning c… https://t.co/UCPUy56k4R3 days ago
- We won the plaque back! Our #MLT students participated in a Student Quiz Bowl hosted by the ASCLS-WI convention.… https://t.co/O2TSrrHqUf4 days ago