What scholarships are available at Moraine Park?
Scholarships are free money that does not need to be paid back. Moraine Park lists scholarship opportunities on our website. Check out current opportunities here: http://www.morainepark.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/
Tips on Winning Scholarships
There are a number of strategies that you might want to consider to give yourself the best chance to win a scholarship.
- Use a calendar and checklist to get organized
- Create a resume
- Tailor your application to the sponsor’s goals
- Read and follow the instructions
- Practice on a copy of the application form
- Don’t miss deadlines!
- Make a photocopy of your application before mailing it
- Send the application by certified mail, return receipt requested or with delivery confirmation
Other Scholarship Application Tips
Use a professional email address, such as email@example.com. A goofy email address may not reflect well on you as a serious candidate. Also, clean up the content of your Facebook account, removing inappropriate and immature material. Scholarship reviewers may check you out on social media. You may also want to Google your name to see what shows up. Is that information you would want shared with a scholarship reviewer? Make sure that you are always portrayed in a professional light!
These are all great tips, but the best tip to remember is just apply!