Moraine Park accepting applications for new Promise Program
WHAT IF … attending college were determined by a student’s potential rather than his or her financial resources?
Well, that’s the case if you’re a high school senior living in the Moraine Park Technical College district. Moraine Park Promise scholarships allow eligible students to obtain a a college degree tuition-free!
Check this out: Moraine Park Promise program scholarships provide five semesters of FREE TUITION, plus additional services like mentoring, tutoring, assistance with financial aid filing and other support services.
Promise students agree to attend Moraine Park as a full-time student, maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, complete eight hours of community service per semester, stay in good standing with college policies and participate in Promise program support services.
To be eligible, students must:
- Graduate on time from an accredited or home high school.
- Must reside within the Moraine Park Technical College district.
- Earn a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Earn a minimum composite score of 16 on the ACT.
- Have a 90 percent attendance rate during senior year of high school.
- Apply for admission to Moraine Park no later than January 15, 2018.
- Enroll in an associate of applied science or technical diploma program that meets eligibility requirements for federal and Wisconsin financial aid.
- Complete and submit the Free 2018-19 Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) by January 15, 2018. Student must be eligible for federal Pell grants and accept all state and federal grants and scholarships not awarded by the Moraine ParkFoundation. Once you fill out the FAFSA, the Student Aid Report will indicate an “Expected Family Contribution” or EFC. This is not what’s expected of you for this program; the program is free. Instead, an EFC score of $3,500 or less is a qualifying factor for eligibility.)
To discuss your eligibility, contact Moraine Park at 920-924-3248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more information on the Moraine Park Promise, visit www.MorainePark.edu/Promise.