Does the thought of your student debt keep you up at night? Are you paralyzed by the idea of owing thousands of dollars? Or do you do your best to not think about it—putting it off until “tomorrow”?
Whether student debt has you breaking out in a sweat, or you’re avoiding the reality for as long as you can, it’s time to face the music. But here’s the good news: You don’t have to fear it. Just face it.
Student debt affects 40 million Americans. Few students and recent graduates even know what they owe—and they aren’t actively seeking advice on what to do about it.
Enter SALT®, a free educational resource created by the nonprofit American Student Assistance® (ASA) that will show you how to take control of your student loan debt on a practical, day-to-day level. Moraine Park joined SALT to give you access to a comprehensive support network that can help you make better decisions about spending, saving, and borrowing. SALT can teach you how to borrow less, borrow the best type of loan for your situation, repay your loans stress-free, and build money skills for life.
SALT can help you:
- Master your money. Use SALT’s interactive “SALT Courses” education modules to get up to speed on financial fundamentals, like budgeting, banking, credit and taxes.
- Dropkick Your Debt. Debt’s a four-letter word. But SALT® can help. If your student loan payments have got you down, take control with SALT by learning about plans that lower your payments, ways to pause payments temporarily, or how to have your loans forgiven altogether.
- Educational articles, videos, and more. Get advice on money-related topics, from credit cards to salaries, careers, and more. And check out the SALT Blog for a daily dose of commentary and ideas on loans, budgeting, careers, and other financial topics in a way that’s fun and relevant—with stories from people where you are (or where you’re going) and conversations about food, pop culture, or anything else that can seriously (or sometimes not so seriously) relate to money and your life.
- Find Money For School. There’s literally millions of scholarship dollars to help you pay for college. SALT simplifies it all for you with information on where to find scholarships, the different types of student loans, and ways to decrease college costs.
- Connect with experts. As a SALT member, you have access to chat with a student loan expert one-on-one via email, phone or live web chat. Or join the SALT Central online community to get in touch with SALT experts and peers to talk about money, student loans, scholarships, and other related topics.