TRIO Students Have The “EDGE”
What gives TRIO students an “EDGE”? And what is TRIO?
TRIO is a group of programs funded by the U.S. Department of Education to assist low-income and first-generation students through their educational career. The EDGE at Moraine Park Technical College is one of the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) programs that serves 140 MPTC students.
The EDGE Program offers individualized advising, financial aid and scholarship resources, cultural events and workshops, tutoring services, computer assistance, and transfer services. We work with a small amount of students to provide all the resources they need to stay in school and graduate.
The EDGE Program held their annual Recognition Banquet on April 28th, 2016 at The Columbian in West Bend, WI. Over forty EDGE students attended with family and friends as well as several MPTC staff and administrators.
The EDGE recognizes students with the following awards:
- Academic Merit – Student who have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 – 3.749
- Academic Distinction – Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.75-3.999
- Academic Perfection – Students who have a cumulative GPA of 4.0
- The Awesome – Students who make it a point to be exceptionally active in the program
- Graduates – Students graduating from their program this academic year
- Above and Beyond – Students who have overcome great obstacles this semester and still remained in school and succeeded in their classes and program requirements.
- Director’s Award – Students selected by the EDGE Director for their accomplishments.
The SSS program is a United States Department of Education TRIO/Student Support Services (SSS) program and is partially funded with federal monies of approximately $220,000 for academic years 2015-20. All services to participating students are provided at no cost to them.
If you are interested in The EDGE Program at MPTC, please visit us at morainepark.edu/trio-sss or email us at email@example.com.
NOTE: EDGE program graduates shown in top picture.