I have met many fantastic area employees who have great experience, but lack “that piece of paper” to get the next promotion. I bet you can think of a few people in a similar situation.
Free Basic Computer Skills Course now available through a MOOC — Massive Open Online Course
Access to computers and internet is extremely important in today’s world. Often times computers and internet are a necessity in order to apply for jobs, complete schoolwork or pay bills. But for some it is a burden, due to the fact they are unsure of operating a computer or have no one to help them figure it out. There is now a free option available. Here is your chance to get the basic computer knowledge you need and learn at your own pace without going back to school.
A bit of kudos is in order – and, heck, we’re gonna do a little bragging, to be perfectly honest!
Alex Prunty continues to have an awesome year on the racetrack.
Alex is a Moraine Park Technical College Alumni and owner/driver of the #11 Super Late Model we sponsor. He’s the current 2016 Kulwicki Driver Development Program (KDDP) national points leader, but had experienced plenty of near misses this season.
Finishing second four times recently – including seeing a couple of wins slip away in the closing laps – he’s been hungry for wins. And he got a double-dose of that this month.
Shown here is a scene from a barber’s clinic held at Moraine Park Technical College in 1971. Apprentices, journeymen and master barbers were initiated into the world of hair styling and razor cutting to meet the demands of long hair, which was increasingly favored by men of fashion.
Fast-forward now some 35 years later to today.
Moraine Park Technical College graduate Devin Kissinger has always possessed a tremendous gift for assembling things with precision and skill.
Putting together circuit boards, building decks, finishing basements, siding houses, doing complicated wiring and working on motors. Easy, or at least doable in time.
Putting together words to describe the feeling winning a national championship? Well, that’s a bit more daunting.
We’re very excited here in our Moraine Park Technical College Emergency Medical Technician (EMS) / Paramedic programs, and for good reason!
Automobile accidents, heart attacks, drowning, childbirth and gunshot wounds all require immediate, professional medical attention – and we’ve always trained our students extensively to handle these situations (and much more) with quick, competent care.
But while we’ve always been able to train our students on what to do when they arrive to these situations, until now, we haven’t been able to help them simulate the journey to get there.
Mr. Mike Krueger, president of Lifestar Emergency Medical Services, has changed that in a big way. He just donated a 2009 Ford ambulance to our Moraine Park EMS/Paramedic programs.
Achievement Administration Alumni Auto & Transportation Business Clubs & Organizations Community Engagement Cosmetology Criminal Justice Culinary & Foods Diversity ELL EWD Faculty and Staff Fair Trade Financial Aid Foundation General Education Graphics and Design Health Careers & Wellness Hired Before Graduation Human Services International Education IT & Web Manufacturing Marketing Natural Resources New Student Welcome NTO Service Learning Student Life Student Services & Support Throwbacks Trades Uncategorized Veterans Video
- My future has endless possibilities ... because I'm here right now
- Motorcycle, scooter safety classes available
- PHOTOS: 2017 GED / HSED Graduation Ceremony
- President's Award Winner!
- PHOTOS: Fall 2016 Boot Camp Graduation
- PHOTOS: Christmas in a Shoebox 2016
- Students recreate 11 famous movie hairstyles. How many can you guess?
- Congrats Spring 2019 Boot Camp Grads! on
- Catching Up With Arletta on
- Electricity & CNC Students Earn Spot at SkillsUSA Nationals on
- Congratulations Fall 2018 Award Winners! on
- “I have quite the life journey that I believe can help young mothers and women” on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- Jim Hokenson, Leading The Future Of CNC! on
- RT @jau1024: MPTC staff are honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy by sharing the joy of reading w/area elementary schools. #mptcenga…2 days ago
- RT @fdlschools: Thank you to the staff from @MoraineParkTech and members of Kiwanis of Fabulous Fond du Lac whose service project in honor…3 days ago
- Today, we honor and celebrate a true American hero. A man who's legacy and lessons we so desperately need to be rem… https://t.co/iSQIa29clS6 days ago